We are all excited over the upcoming holidays. The holiday mood starts early for the September one week holiday from 1st September to Sunday 9th September with the National Day holidays, Hari Raya Puasa and Teacher Day Celebration.
Here is our list of things to do.
Check Out the Museums
It is museum open house day on 9 August and 19 August. Singaporeans and Permanent Residents enjoy free entry to National Heritage Board museums and institutions for the entire month of August! So grab this opportunity to:
1. Check out this years Imagine Dragons! Exhibition and its Heritage Room at Singapore Philatelic Museum
2. Visit the Art Garden 2012, Children’s Season special exhibition for kids at the old Catholic High building before it ends on 12 August.
3. Reflect on the sacrifice made by people who had fought to defend Singapore in the war at Reflections at Bukit Chandu.
4. Learn about the history of Singapore at National Museum of Singapore
Check out the National Galleries, take a walk through the historical sites.
5. Check out the URA’s Singapore City Gallery get a glimpse of what the people doing the planning did to make sure that there are land for roads and all the developments we see today.
6. Take a walk by boat quay. Enjoy the sites at the river, look at statues of what the people in the past do.
Check out Sand Sculptures at Sentosa
7. From 8 Aug – 30 Sept, you can view sand sculpture standing at 2.4m and 20m long, depicting the stories of Sentosa’s milestones and success. Special lighting and video imagery are combined to make the sculptures come alive at night!